- Ensuring we use modern, energy efficient company vehicles of EURO 5 Standard or above
- Optimising our fleet management software to reduce carbon emissions and fuel consumption
- Providing appropriate training programmes for drivers to ensure best practice in driving style
BRC - British Retail Consortium
O’ Toole Transport Ltd has been awarded the BRC (British Retail Consortium) Storage & Distribution Accreditation for food products stored at and distributed from its distribution centers in Dublin & Galway. The BRC Global Standards are used by certification bodies across the world to enable suppliers to achieve globally-recognised standards for food products and to ensure that best practice is established and maintained.
To achieve certification, O’ Toole Transport was audited and scored by independent assessors on the standard of storage and distribution of ambient, chilled and frozen food products, product inspection, and quality control procedures operated in both sites.
We continually work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions, striving to implement environmentally-friendly initiatives demonstrated by:
- Utilising comprehensive recycling programmes (cardboard, paper, stretch wrap, refrigeration oil, fork lift batteries, printer cartridges)
- Reviewing all relevant Environmental Legislation to assist with safe procedures and systems
- Reducing our energy and water usage
- Decreasing waste by offering our customers POD’s and Invoices online.
Health & Safety
The protection of our environment and the health and safety of our customers, our people and the community in which we live and operate is an integral part of O’Toole Transport’s mission to become Ireland’s leading transport company.
O’Toole Transport is committed to maintaining healthy and safe working conditions in all areas of our business. We seek to continuously improve our practices in light of advances in technology and new understandings in environmental science, health & safety.
It is our policy to operate our business so that we comply with or exceed applicable environmental, health and safety rules and regulations. The health and safety of our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate is paramount in all we do.
The company’s Safety Policy is distributed and communicated to all concerned, including permanent, temporary and part-time employees, sub-contractors and delivery agents.